Lambourghini burgers with homemade tzatziki
Barbecue season is here, and Chef Pat Newton shares his tips on how to cook up the perfect burger for your next grill and chill. Join him on Thursday April 29th LIVE, or cook with him on-demand with Hyr Live.
Learn to grind, assemble, cook and top the perfectly seasoned (and if you so wish infused!) greek lamb burger. Measurements available on the Recipe Card (click PDF link below).
• lamb, shoulder
• pork belly
• ground lamb
• feta cheese
• kalamata olives
• red onion
• oregano, dried
• saganaki cheese
• butter lettuce
• white vinegar
• sesame seed bun
• greek yogurt
• cayenne pepper
• coconut water
• himalayan pink salt
• italian sausage
Lambourghini Burgers & Homemade Tzatziki
1. Set up a meat grinder. Start passing cubed lamb, pork and decarboxylated cannabis through till ground into a bowl. Add diced red onion & kalamata olives, gently mix with hands making sure to not over mix.
2. Divide into 8 balls.
3. Preheat grill.
4. In a small bowl mix together feta cheese, lemon zest & oregano. Form small clumps and stuff into the center of each ground ball. Form patty and chill.
5. To make the tzatziki, mix Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl. Grate in cucumber and mix well. Set aside.
6. Grease the grill, season the burger patties with salt & pepper. Grill till evenly cooked on both sides. Top with saganaki cheese and melt. Toast buns.
7. To plate the burger set up toasted buns with tzatziki, sliced tomato, cucumber and butter lettuce. Serve with a cool refreshing glass of watermelon Agua Fresca to fully initiate the chill.
Watermelon Agua Fresca
1. Tip watermelon, water, honey and cannabis isolate into a blender and buzz till smooth.
2. In a large mason jar add lime, salt and mint. Crush with a cocktail muddler. Add ice cubes and pour watermelon water over everything. Stir to mix and serve.