Cinco de Mayo: Cooking with Cannabis Special Event
Let’s create a fiesta of flavors to commemorate Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican celebration. Chef Pat Newton shows you how to get red, white and green the Mexican way. Join him on May 5th at 7pm LIVE, or cook with him on-demand with Hyr Live.
Recommended tool list and ingredient measurements are available on the Recipe Card (click link).
• shredded chicken
• cream cheese
• pickled jalapeño
• cumin powder
• chili powder
• Oaxaca cheese
• Jack cheese
• Pico de gallo salsa
• feta cheese
• sour cream
• white onion
• white vinegar
• simple syrup
1. Pre heat the oven to 425f. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl mix together shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, jalapeños, choppe cilantro stems, ground decarboxylated cannabis, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder and a few good cracks of salt & pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat up tortillas in the microwave or wrapped in foil in the oven till soft and bendy. Keep warm in a damp towel.
3. Spread a large spoonful of filling on one side of the tortilla. Place a pinch of each cheese next to the filling and roll it up tight. Place it seam side down on the baking sheet and secure it by sticking it with a toothpick in the center. Repeat till tortilla are filled.
4. Bake until crispy and golden, about 15 mins.
5. While they are in the oven make the avocado crema by placing avocado, sour cream, onion, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, salt & pepper into a blender or food processor. Pulse to break up. Slowly pour in cannabis oil while blending to emulsify and thicken. Pour into a piping bag, ziplock or squeeze bottle.
6. When the tacos are crispy and golden, take them out of the oven, plate and top with pico de Gallo and drizzle avocado crema.
1. In a small sauce pan pour in corn syrup and add cannabis infused tequila. Simmer on low and stir constantly till alcohol evaporates. Turn off heat, pour in raspberries. Stir till softened and it is well mixed. It should look like jam. Set aside and cool completely.
2. In another small sauce pot warm up the mint and jalapeño juice. Do not let boil. Dissolve gelatin. Pour into a small steel bowl and cool over ice. Pour it into a whipping syphon.
3. To assemble the cocktail rim a glass with salt. Pour in 1/4 cup of raspberry syrup, fill the glass with ice. Tip in and layer beer. Top with freshly siphoned mint jalapeño foam.
4. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and raise a glass. Salud!