Let's make patties, not war - historical cooking class
When & Where
About this Event
In early February 1985, federal officials in Toronto felt that the similarity in names between a beef (hamburger) patty and a Jamaican beef patty was too much for Canadian consumers to handle…Thus the beginning of “The Toronto Patty Wars” - The City vs Jamaican vendors. In this class we will learn to make the most scrumptious and authentic Jamaican Beef Patties, and celebrate the win with a glass of ginger beer.
A portion of the ticket price for this experience will be donated to Raya Development Association in Canada. Learn more at the following link: https://rdacanada.org/take-action
In this session, Chef Raquel will guide you through:
- How to roll, cut and stuff Jamaican Patties
- The art of pastry dough
- Sautéing and pan skills
- The history of the Jamaican Patty
The class includes the following:
- 1.5 hour instruction, streamed from a professional studio, with multiple cameras angles and lighting designed to provide an exceptional user experience.
- Register individually for your household (only one ticket needed!)
- Have your friends register with you and learn virtually with them.
- Full demonstration and instruction by a world Celebrity Chef!
- Recipe card and video link so you can make the recipe again and again.
- Let's make patties, not war$40$400$0